...

Vocklabruck

In 1134, Wezelo von Schondorf built a bridge over the Vockla River, and next to it a church and a hospital. Soon a trading settlement sprang up which later became a large town. The only original structures that have survived are two medieval towers. At the centre of town stands the small, 15th-century, late- Gothic St. Ulrichkirche (church of St Ulrich), which has a Baroque interior. The site of the 12th-century hospital and chapel is now occupied by the magnificent Baroque St. Agiduskirche, designed by Carlo Carlone, with sculptures by Giovanni Battista Carlone. The ceiling frescoes depict scenes from the lives of Christ and the Virgin Mary. The former parish house, at 0 Hinterstadt, now houses a regional museum with a room devoted to Anton Bruckner. The south of the town is dominated by the unusual silhouette of Maria Himmelfahrtskirche (church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary). It has a Neo-Gothic altarpiece with a beautiful 15th-century statue of the Virgin, and stained-glass windows behind the main altar from the same period.

Vocklabruck Photo Gallery

Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 01 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 01 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 02 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 02 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 03 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 03 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 04 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 04 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 05 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 05 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 06 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 06 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 07 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 07 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 08 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 08 photo
Vocklabruck
Vocklabruck: 09 photo Vocklabruck Vocklabruck: 09 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us