The Stenersenmuseet is an art museum. It is located at Munkedamsvelen 15 in Oslo, Norway. Both Norwegian and international art are on display at the museum. There are three main collections at the museum. These collections were donated by Rolf E. Stenersen, Ludvig O. Ravensburg, and the heirs of Amaldus Nielsen.
The Stenersen collection was given to the municipality in the year 1936 and it consists of paintings as well as many drawings and graphic works from Ludvig Karsten, Evard Munch, Kai Fjell, as well as others.
The collection from Amaldus Nielsen was a gift to the municipality in the year 1933. The painting collection from Louis Ravensberg was a gift to Oslo from the widow of the artist. It was given in the year 1972. While these gifts were given so early, the museum did not actually open its doors until the year 1994.
Relocation plans for the museum were completed in 2008. The plans had the Stenersenmuseet relocating to Bjorvika where it would occupy a building that is located by the Oslo Opera House as well as the Munch Museum.
If you wish to visit the Stenersenmuseet the hours are from 12 to 5 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, from 12 to 7 on Thursdays, from 11 to 5 on Sundays. The museum is closed on Mondays. The museum is closed from the 30th of June through the 28th of August each year and they also close from the 23rd through the 26th of December and on December 31st.
Stenersenmuseet Photo Gallery
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us