...

Stadl-Paura

Stadl-Paura, a small town on the right bank of the Traun River 2 km (1 mile) south of Lambach, has an imposing Dreifaltigkeitskirche (church of the Holy Trinity). Construction of the church was started in 1714 in thanksgiving for the sparing of the town from the plague. In its design, the church represents the Holy Trinity — everything is in triplicate. There are three fa?ades, three portals, three towers and three altars. The church was built by the Linz architect, J. M. Prunner. In the design of the interior decorations some clever false architectural perspectives have been incorporated, creating unusual effects. The paintings in the altarpieces are by Carlo Carlone, Martino Altomonte and Domenico Parodi. The house at 3 Fabrikstrasse, once an orphanage for the children of sailors who lost their lives in the waters of the Traun river, is now a museum of shipping.

Stadl-Paura Photo Gallery

Stadl-Paura
Stadl-Paura: 01 photo Stadl-Paura Stadl-Paura: 01 photo
Stadl-Paura
Stadl-Paura: 02 photo Stadl-Paura Stadl-Paura: 02 photo
Stadl-Paura
Stadl-Paura: 03 photo Stadl-Paura Stadl-Paura: 03 photo
Stadl-Paura
Stadl-Paura: 04 photo Stadl-Paura Stadl-Paura: 04 photo
Stadl-Paura
Stadl-Paura: 05 photo Stadl-Paura Stadl-Paura: 05 photo
Stadl-Paura
Stadl-Paura: 06 photo Stadl-Paura Stadl-Paura: 06 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us