...

Scharding

This town on the banks of the Inn River was, until 1779, owned by the Bavarian family of Wittelsbach, whose influence can be seen in the local architecture. Scharding’s most beautiful feature is its Stadtplatz, the central square cut in half by buildings. At the north end of the upper square, Silberzeile is a row of beautiful houses with gabled roofs. It is overshadowed by the vast Church of St George’s with a grand steeple. Little apart from the gateway and moat remains of the old castle here. The gateway now houses a regional museum with a late- Gothic Madonna, a beautiful crucifix and sculptures by Johann Peter Schwanthaler (1720—95).

Scharding Photo Gallery

Scharding
Scharding: 01 photo Scharding Scharding: 01 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 02 photo Scharding Scharding: 02 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 03 photo Scharding Scharding: 03 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 04 photo Scharding Scharding: 04 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 05 photo Scharding Scharding: 05 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 06 photo Scharding Scharding: 06 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 07 photo Scharding Scharding: 07 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 08 photo Scharding Scharding: 08 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 09 photo Scharding Scharding: 09 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 10 photo Scharding Scharding: 10 photo
Scharding
Scharding: 11 photo Scharding Scharding: 11 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us