Palais Trautson
...

Palais Trautson

The Baroque Trautson Palace, built between 1710 and 1712 for Prince Johann Leopold Donat Trautson, to a design by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, was acquired by Maria Theresa in 1760. She then donated it to the Royal Hungarian Bodyguard, which she had founded. The Neo-Classical fa?ade, with double rows of Doric columns, is heavily ornamented. Its finest sculptures, including that of Apollo playing the lyre, tower above the first-floor windows. The palace has an immense, beautiful staircase, decorated with carvings of the sphinx, and columns of male figures who support the ceiling, by the sculptor Giovanni Giuliani. Since 1961 the palace has housed the Ministry of Justice, so there is no public access.

Palais Trautson Photo Gallery

Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 01 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 01 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 02 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 02 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 03 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 03 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 04 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 04 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 05 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 05 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 06 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 06 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 07 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 07 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 08 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 08 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 09 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 09 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 10 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 10 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 11 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 11 photo
Palais Trautson
Palais Trautson: 12 photo Palais Trautson Palais Trautson: 12 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us