Neues Rathaus

The new town hall, built in 1872—83 by Friedrich Schmidt, lies in an attractive park. The symmetrical, triple fa?ade of the Neo-Gothic building faces Ringstrasse. Its huge central tower, 98 m (321 ft) high, is topped by the statue of a knight-in-armour, one of Vienna’s symbols. The main tower is flanked by two smaller towers, 60 m (197 ft) high. The town hall cellar is a restaurant. The whole length of the first floor is taken up by a reception hall. The forecourt is used for many events, including the Christmas fair.

Neues Rathaus Photo Gallery

Neues Rathaus
Neues Rathaus: 01 photo Neues Rathaus Neues Rathaus: 01 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us