...

Moosham

Near the southern end of Radstadter Tauernstrasse, high above the Mur river, towers Schloss Moosham, which also belonged to the Archbishops of Salzburg. The structure probably dates from the 13th century and consists of an upper and a lower castle. Following the secularization of the archbishop’s principality, the castle fell into ruin. But in 1886 it passed to Count Hans Wilczek, who fully renovated it. Among the remaining original features are the Baroque roadway, Gothic stained-glass windows in the presbytery of the castle chapel and a large collection of items relating to the local arts, which are kept in the castle museum. Of interest are also the coach house and the armoury. Some chambers are open to the public, such as a torture chamber, and a Gothic bedchamber with a lovely original tiled stove and a panel listing the supposed characteristic traits of various European nationalities. Below the castle is the popular resort of St Michael, with an interesting Gothic church.

Moosham Photo Gallery

Moosham
Moosham: 01 photo Moosham Moosham: 01 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 02 photo Moosham Moosham: 02 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 03 photo Moosham Moosham: 03 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 04 photo Moosham Moosham: 04 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 05 photo Moosham Moosham: 05 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 06 photo Moosham Moosham: 06 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 07 photo Moosham Moosham: 07 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 08 photo Moosham Moosham: 08 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 09 photo Moosham Moosham: 09 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 10 photo Moosham Moosham: 10 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 11 photo Moosham Moosham: 11 photo
Moosham
Moosham: 12 photo Moosham Moosham: 12 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us