...

Gmund

In the 12th century, the Archbishops of Salzburg who ruled Gmund began to encircle the town with mighty fortifications, many of which survive to this day, including old gate turrets and bastions. Two castles tower over the town: the older one, Altes Schloss, was destroyed by a fire in 1886, but has recently been restored and is now used as a cultural centre. It was commissioned in 1506 by Archbishop Leonhard. The Neues Schloss (New Castle) was built in 1651—4 by Count Christoph Lodron. Today the former castle keep houses a school and a concert hall. The Austrian-born designer Ferdinand Porsche worked in Gmund in 1944—50, and 52 of the classic “365” models were hand-made locally. The most famous models and construction frames are displayed in the Porsche Museum.

Gmund Photo Gallery

Gmund
Gmund: 01 photo Gmund Gmund: 01 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 02 photo Gmund Gmund: 02 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 03 photo Gmund Gmund: 03 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 04 photo Gmund Gmund: 04 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 05 photo Gmund Gmund: 05 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 06 photo Gmund Gmund: 06 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 07 photo Gmund Gmund: 07 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 08 photo Gmund Gmund: 08 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 09 photo Gmund Gmund: 09 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 10 photo Gmund Gmund: 10 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 11 photo Gmund Gmund: 11 photo
Gmund
Gmund: 12 photo Gmund Gmund: 12 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us