Frognerseteren is a favorite spot to take excursions. It is about a thirty minute walk from the Holmenkollen hill. The area was a pasture originally. The first inhabitants lived here during the 1790s.
Here visitors will find a traditional wooden lodge. This was built by the Frognerseteren municipality during the end of the nineteenth century. There is a restaurant located in the lodge. The restaurant offers a terrace with a wonderful view over the fjord, Oslo, and the areas that surround it. The restaurant is popular among tourists and locals who tend to have a meal either before starting a hike in the woods or after they finish a hike. The restaurant offers traditional Norwegian meals such as reindeer.
Just under the building there is a stone monument in memory of the 1814 constitutional assembly. The road that goes north from Holmenkollen up to Frognerseteren opened in the year 1890 and was called Keiser Wilhelms Vei. The road has been renamed Holmenkollveien. The renaming occurred after the Second World War.
The area is the Tunnelbane line’s last station and offers a popular starting point for taking a walk through the Nordmarka woods. There is access here for a number of ski trails and footpaths.
Frognerseteren Photo Gallery
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us