...

Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten

Built between 1685 and 1727, the church of the Holy Trinity is a typical Baroque structure, with a twin-tower fa?ade. It contains an altarpiece (1708) in the north aisle by the painter Martino Altomonte, and a beautiful crucifix in the south aisle from the workshop of Veit Stoss. In 1827, the body of the composer Ludwig van Beethoven was brought to this church, from Schwarzspanierhaus in neighbouring Garnisonsgasse, where he had died. Following the funeral service, attended by his contemporaries (including Schubert and the playwright Franz Grillparzer), the cort?ge conveyed his coffin to its final resting place, the cemetery in Wahring, on the city outskirts.

Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten Photo Gallery

Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 01 photo Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 01 photo
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 02 photo Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 02 photo
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 03 photo Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 03 photo
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 04 photo Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 04 photo
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten
Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 05 photo Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten Dreifaltigkeitskirche der Minoriten: 05 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us