...

Avenches

Avenches Introduction

Avenches is in the Vaud Canton, and it is a municipality in the country of Switzerland. It is situated in the Broye-Vully district. It has a population of roughly 3,600 people.

Geography

Avenches has a total area of about 7 square miles. Out of this total area, a little over four square miles (or roughly 63%) is put to use for agriculture, and a little over one square mile (or about 16%) is covered in forest. Out of the remainder of the land, a little over one square mile (or 20%) is settled (roads or buildings), 37 acres is either lakes or rivers, and 7.4 acres is non-useful land. 

Of the area that is built up, industrial buildings make up about 2% of the total area while buildings and housing make up about 4% and infrastructure used for transportation makes up about 6%. Sports fields, green belts, and parks make up about 7%. Out of the land that is forested, 13% of the whole land area is covered in heavy forest and about 2.5% is covered with little clusters of trees and orchards. Of the land put to use for agricultural purposes, about 52% is used for crops and 11% is for pastures. Of the water in Avenches, there is less in lakes than in rivers and streams.

Swiss Heritage Sites of National Significance 

The whole town of Avenches is listed as a Swiss Heritage Site. There are a handful of Swiss Heritage Sites in Avenches: The Aventicum Roman ruins, the Swiss Reformed Church, Bishops Tower, and the Roman Museum.

Demographics 

Avenches has a population of roughly 3,600. Nearly 33% of the population is nationals from foreign countries. Over the last decade, the population has changed at the rate of 16%. It has changed at a 14% rate because of migration, and it has changed 3% because of births and deaths. 

The majority of the population is French-speaking (about 73%), and German is the 2nd most commonly spoken language (about 13%) and Portuguese is the 3rd most commonly spoken language (at about 6%). There are less than 100 people who speak Italian, and there is one person who is Romansh-speaking. 

Of the population living there, about 27% of the population was born in Avenches. About 14% of the people were born in the canton, and 28% were born elsewhere in Switzerland, and 26% were born in a country other than Switzerland.

Avenches Photo Gallery

Avenches
Avenches: 01 photo Avenches Avenches: 01 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 02 photo Avenches Avenches: 02 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 03 photo Avenches Avenches: 03 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 04 photo Avenches Avenches: 04 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 05 photo Avenches Avenches: 05 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 06 photo Avenches Avenches: 06 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 07 photo Avenches Avenches: 07 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 08 photo Avenches Avenches: 08 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 09 photo Avenches Avenches: 09 photo
Avenches
Avenches: 10 photo Avenches Avenches: 10 photo
© 2010-2017 gabisworld.com Contact Us